On the contrary to the traditional Lasagne recipe, which requires bechamel, specific vegetables, and beef, I have decided to create something kinda completely different.
No bechamel, no fats or oils, no Parmigiano, an interesting mixture of meats, and an unusual blend of spices and herbs.
The result.. a Phenomenal dish!
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3/4 box dry Lasagne (500g box), or Fresh
- 400g Ground Beef
- 500g Ground Turkey
- 250g Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 large Carrot
- 2 medium Onions
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 kg pure Tomato sauce (or fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 300g (2 Balls) Mozzarella cheese
- 70g Yellow cheese (of your choice)
- Cayenne Chilli pepper (1 tsp)
- Bay leaves (2-3)
- Sage (1 tsp, dry)
- Black pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, mix and cook the meats. No oil or fat needed!
- Cut all your vegetables into small pieces, as small as you can :)
- Add all the spices and herbs to the meat, and mix it well
- Add in the cut vegetables, the wine, and the tomato sauce
- Mix everything well, lower the heat to lowest, and cover
- Leave it be for 2 hours. The longer the better. Check periodically for the fluidity of the sauce, if its too dry, you can add a bit of water. (probably not needed)
- Cut or shred your cheeses, and mix them together
- In a big oven casserole, start laying the lasagne sheets in layers. Lasagne, Sauce, Lasagne, Sauce..
- For the cheese, aim to divide it into 2 portions. One goes in the middle layer (over the sauce), and the other on top
- Bake at medium-high temperature for 30 minutes
- Put it out of the oven, and let it sit for 15 minutes to rest (critical to make it stable, and not fall apart while serving)
- Bon Appetit :)